Saturday, August 21, 2010

ok..I knowhe's almost 6 months old, but do ya' wanna see some pictures?

Here are my baby boys! Proud Max with his baby LeoJohn!


So, here he is , Baby LeoJohn all 10 lbs. of him! Kinda looked like a linebacker, well, still does look like a linebacker! As, a matter of fact, Nina, (as my acting Doula and friend and boss-complex, I know!) said as soon as he came out, "Oh geez, he is atleast 11 lbs.!" No FREAKIN" way!! He wasn't, he was a perfect 10! I had the BEST birth team possible, you see them below here!


Here (<-) is proud daddy Zac, with my best friend and "training doula", Ari and a fresh outta the womb baby in my arms! Below, is me with my FAVORITE doctor in the world, Dr. Deb Enegess. Honestly, she is just a fantastic, honest, nuturing woman and it was my pleasure to have her deliver my baby boy! I was so sad to learn that she would no longer be practcing ob, strictly gyno-sad for anyone that may have had the true blessing of having her be a part of their pre-natal and birth experience! Great for her, more time with her young family! My heart belongs to Dr.Deb! Zac was wonderful, but it was having Nina and Ari there, that took a good bit of pressure of Zac! if I needed counter pressure on my lower back, he didn't need to find it, I had 2 women who were on the job! It truly felt like the way birth should be, having women who have experience birth themselves, there to provide me with support, provide me with ANYTHING that I needed, and surrounding me with the love and care that every birthing mother deserves! Dr. Deb Enegess and Me


Daddy and Me-clearly before 4 cm! Look at that smile on my face!

My "Birth team"-Ari, Me, Nina







Wow...I guess those of you that thought it might be fun to follow this blog, well...um, well I'm sorry. This has been the craziest 6 months my life has seen in a while! I feel like I am just barely stepping out of "the fog" Baby-man was finally born on the 23rd of Feb. LeoJohn McGuire Mudd-10 lbs 1 oz. 22 inches and just as beautiful as his brother, let me show you a picture from birth. Um, not like placenta shots or anything, sorry I should claryify. Baby man birthday pics. It was a special day, but shame on me and my expectations! I have learned, if you have expectations, you will be disapointed. Allow the freedom of what will be guide you, let go of expectations and live in the moment! This should have been my mantra over the past 6 months...this baby wasn't quite what I expected.




I assumed, that our DNA just made gorgeous, sweet, low maintence, mellow babies that didn't cry. Well, Max didn't cry, and again I assumed that was because I was an incredible Mother who knew my child's needs before he knew he needed it, he slept because of "me", so on and so forth! Let us NOT forget what I do for a living, I run a Maternal Wellness Center, where I swaddle babies, I teach Mom's how to calm and connect with their babies, I help "sleep train" babies, I teach breastfeeding classses...none of that knowledge kept this baby from KICKING my ass! This baby came out sweet, gorgeous, blond and sleepy! We thought that first 2 weeks that we were in for a repeat performance with this new baby! He was going to be JUST like Max, unbelievable that we would be graced like this again!...but as many of you second time Moms know, they wake UP! I think that first 2 weeks is Mother Nature slowing breaking you into reality, and allowing for recuperation after the marathon that was birth! But, boy, this baby WOKE UP! He woke up with a 'tude, he was colic-y, and reflux-y and just didn't feel well and he was going to tell everyone whether or not they were listening! He was a real shock to the system, for all of us! My sweet Max, scooped up a stutter, Zac and I were at each other's throats, the dog was going grey, I cried pretty much everytime LeoJohn cried and it was
U-G-L-Y! The sleep deprivation makes everything worse, but beyond the crying and the 2-3 hour screaming jags, he wasn't that bad! It turns out, I was making him feel sick. I never had an issue with dairy and Max, but it was the first thing I cut out! Dairy-free got rid of the ecema, but not the crying! I guess I forgot about the 8-12 ounces of formula...those would have to be dairy-free too! So, essentially I was aiding to the gut issue the whole time! Once we were settled in terms of what I could eat while nursing and the proper formula, he should have been better. It wasn't until my doc said he had a burned throat from all the refluxing he was doing, that we truly figured it out! I will be honest, with the experience I had with Max, I didn't believe in medicating these babies for "reflux", once LeoJon arrived I was taught about way more than just reflux medication! This was an experince that i lovingly refer to as "Survival", me, him, the baby, the boy-whatever happened I just knew we all had to survive, the joy would come, but to make it out of "the fog" we had to survive!
**side note, I wouldn't be blogging if we didn't survive! ; )


No comments:

Post a Comment