Thursday, January 14, 2010

Jan. 1st, 2010
















So, this was my first try at blogging on a different site....editting it to this new blog!






Written, Jan. 1, 2010:


I can't beleive I am sitting here, Jan 1, 2010, rubbing my pregnant belly sitting next to a lil' dude watching "Horton hears a Who"...How the heck did we get here? This si offically myt first entry and I have been waiting to post something that doesn't read like verbal vomit. Being 8 mos pregnant and trying to collect my thoughts into something readable has kinda been a challenge.






We spent New Years Eve, (as well as my husband's 30th) with friends at their Annual Surf-n-Turf Christmas Tree Bonfire. This was our 5th year celebrating with them, and it was Bobby who said, "Can you believe the first year you guys were here, you got cocked and you were definetly NOT pregnant! The following year you came, you were pregnant with Max and scaredc to have a toast of champagne at midnight"....folow up the next year with a 7 mo. old and all the anxieties that go with having your first baby out past any reasonable hour, while shushing him to sleep on the playroom floor! The next year we had champagne and toasted at about 9:30, surely ready to head home to a nice cozy bed and a "reasonable bedtime" for a 19 mo. old. This year was a totally different experience all together. Max took a late nap so he could enjoy the crazy kids we were going to celebrate with. He LOVES big kids! (grant you thinks he is a big kid) He loved playing with their bunny, checking out their hamster and trying to impress them with his 2 1/2 old wit and humor. He went sledding in the dark under the light of the 'blue moon', he watched them torch their Christmas tree in a bonfire of wooden palettes and cardboard boxes and he ate more snow then I ever imagined fitting in his tummy! All the while I sat (in my own pregnant glory) devouring the spread of cheese, dips and veggies, chugging down my 5th liter of H2O, waiting patiently for the steak tips to come off the grill! What a night, a great night to reflect on a whole years worth of experiences.





I am awed by the events of 2009; from a pregnancy loss to the pregnancy we are almost done with, to the enjoyment I gain from watching my beautiful son experience the world around him. To the job that fulfills my need to "help", to my husbands incredible desire to change his shape and his sense of self, the loss of one of our sweet family dogs, and even a new car to add to the fleet! Whoof, what a year!!





I can't imagine the fun this next year will bring and all the memories we will surely reflect on while noshing on lobster tails and steak tips with a lil' baby to add to the crazy clan...(NOTE: next year I WILL be imbibing!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment